To encourage students to take their music out into the community.
Any student studying music with a member of the Alberta Registered Music Teachers’ Association.
Benefits to the Student and the Community:
- Gives students credit for taking their music into the community.
- Encourages a practical use of the student’s musical education.
- Takes the student out of the private music studio and home and into the community.
- Gives the student a greater awareness of how their music can be used throughout their lives.
- Gives students a goal to strive for regardless of their musical capabilities.
- Provides entertainment for those who are in institutions.
- Provides festivals with needed volunteers.
- Playing music at senior citizen centers, care homes, hospitals, or for shut-ins.
- Taking a senior citizen or persons with limited mobility to a concert.
- Helping with music programs at church.
- Helping with extracurricular music programs at school.
- Assisting a music therapist.
- Accompanying choirs, singers, string, winds or brass players.
- Helping at music festivals.
- Volunteering at concerts with such activities as helping with programs, staging, or lighting.
BRONZE CERTIFICATE: 10 hours
SILVER CERTIFICATE: 35 hours (25 more than Bronze)
GOLD CERTIFICATE: 60 hours (25 more than Silver)
Teachers, please send completed forms by one of the following methods:
By using the file uploader below. (Recommended)
By email to: Marlaine Osgood firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail to: 410 Walker Road NW, Edmonton AB T5T 2X2
Deadlines for submissions are January 31 and June 30.
You can submit your completed form online using the file uploader below:
- Scan or take a photo of your form & then save it to your computer or phone/tablet.
- Click the “select file” button below to attach your file. Max 10MB per file.
- Click “upload file”
Certificates will be issued once a year by March 1 and mailed to individual teachers.
Thank you to BCRMTA and Victoria Branch for providing the framework for this program!