The ARMTA Recognition Fund was established in 2008 to augment prizes offered to participants in the biennial Alberta Round of the CFMTA National Piano Competition. Since 2012, the fund’s scope has broadened and prizes and scholarships are presently awarded to students who study voice, strings and piano.
ARMTA acknowledges the past and continuing generosity of the Marek Jablonski Endowment Fund, Dorothy Buckley, the Thelma Johannes O’Neill Prize (donated by ARMTA Edmonton Branch), the Frank and Ethel (Weisbeck) Rusconi Fund, and many donations by individuals and organizations. They are acknowledged for one year, by name, in ARMTA Provincial programs and publications.
We invite donations from individuals, groups and branches. This could be an opportunity to celebrate or thank a colleague, remember a colleague who has passed away, or recognize anyone for any number of reasons.
Presently, a donation to the ARMTA Recognition Fund supports prizes and funds for the following:
- participants in the biennial Alberta Round of the CFMTA National Piano Competition
- winners of the ARMTA Student Composer Competition
- ARMTA Branch Awards
- awards at the Calgary Arts Summer School
- the ARMTA Bursary which assists students based on financial need
- specific awards designated annually by ARMTA branches and the Provincial Board
A tax-deductible receipt for donations of $20.00 or more will be issued by the CFMTA Trust Account.